Welcome to @ Padre's.🍀 I hope you enjoy your visits. 😊
- No personal attacks. If you attack, abuse, or troll other members of the community, you’re out. I am a fan of freedom of speech, but not freedom to be a jerk. On the other hand, if you are among the easily offended, perpetually offended or the ever-ready to malign, you probably shouldn’t be on-line and definitely not here.
- Real names are encouraged. Some of you I may know in real life, now we can know one another here. Be kind to those you don’t know personally, personal connection often gets lost in the digital age. Real names can help you see the human behind the @handle.
- Support each other! If you see another member struggling, reach out. We’re all just trying to manage life as well as we can. If you know them in real life, maybe give them a phone call. Pray about it.
- That being said, if someone is sharing something vulnerable and not asking for advice, don’t feel compelled to offer it. Support and advice are two different things.
- In many ways this community is an on-line extension of my ministry, but not limited to parishioners. We could have members from all across the religious, social and political spectrum, so know that going in. Keep an open mind and do your best not to take someone’s difference of opinion as a personal attack or offense. I tend towards the conservative side of the line with an open mind towards others. I don’t care for the Hard Left or the WOKE - please go to Facebook or Twitter, you are celebrated there. But not here.
- Any topic is open to discussion as far as I am concerned. If you know something might be contentious and you just want to see how others respond, think again before posting. Be thoughtful and respectful to one another. Ask questions before making assumptions or judgments. if you are a reactive person, step away from the computer. Don’t post something that you later regret or does damage to relationships. Disagreements should be workable. Use good judgement - don’t read something to make yourself angry and all ginned up with on-line courage/stupidity. It is not worth it, and it has probably ruined your involvement with others on different sites. This is not the place to crusade for the faith or your pet cause behind the internet and your screen name.
- No porn, no violent images, no graphic or lewd comments. Be mindful of language - I am not a Puritan, but if you have a post filled with profanity, I will probably delete it. Too many trespasses will just result in removing you from the community. Language used as personal insult to another member of the community is what other sites are about, let’s make ours different.😊
- I obviously don’t stand by or endorse everything said here. We’re allowed to change our minds and so are you. Again, ask questions rather than making assumptions or judgments. Everyone can stand behind their own words, it is the adult thing to do.
- We are works in progress and so is this community. There are going to be growing pains and potential missteps. Please be patient with each other. No one should come here waiting to be offended or looking to be offended. See #1 above. 😊
- Be a good neighbor. Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, love is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. Be loving to one another.
- If I post something here or elsewhere on Locals that you find offensive, shocking or “just not priestly”, pray for me. If prayer is not satisfying enough for you, e-mail or call me. Talking about it heart to heart is better than anything else. Complaining about me or approaching me with a “See here, See here” attitude will not win you my patience or appreciation. No pedestals for the living does not mean I get a pass on being a jerk or irreverent, but I do have a different way of looking at things.
Please don’t use this as a means of major communication with me for parish or real life issues. It might be a helpful bulletin board to the parish and ministry from time to time, but I have a phone and e-mail for real time communication. Also, if I don’t notice something posted, please know that is means I probably just missed it. The idea behind this locals community is a place for all of us, I just happen to be its host. - Fr. Tom E-mail: Askpadre@aol.com
Should you like to speak to me in person, I can be reached by cell phone at 314-303-2428 .
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy